This is a component of public education, which emphasizes that change does not start and stop with one person, group or culture, rather, it takes everyone playing their part to help prevent generational cycles of abnormal norms, and unhealthy social practices. This training is to develop individuals’ personal and/or professional techniques when working with diversity. To bring about change means stepping outside your comfort zone.
Gain simple, powerful strategies to build and support positive interactions, embrace differences and expand possibilities.
LEARN AND DISCUSS TOPICS SUCH AS…
- Understand the difference between Cultural Sensitivity, Cultural Humility and Cultural Competency
- Become familiarized with unhealthy practices and norms that influence sexual assault, bullying, violence and other forms of generational cycles of disruptive practices, assumptions, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Discuss the difference between equity and equality and their significance in developing sensitivity towards clients, co-workers and community members.
- Acquainted with "real-life" scenarios others may face, and discuss culturally sensitive solutions.
- Understanding Limitations & Social Stereotypes
- Creating a non-judgmental space to discuss traditional of social abnormality
This training will build participants knowledge about norms that influence unhealthy practices. Participants will also discuss traditional practices that influence sexism, racism, unhealthy relationships, stereotypes, discrimination, prejudice, and assumptions. In addition, it will discuss how cultural sensitivity is developed when fear is eliminated or reduce, knowledge is gain, and decision making is not based on one’s superstitions. In a nonjudgmental and open environment, the training will provide participants with everyday scenarios that participants, students and others may face on a regular bases.
New Castle County
Easterseals: Kearns Center
61 Corporate Circle
New Castle, DE 19720
Friday, January 18th, 2019
Easterseals Tunnell Center
22317 DuPont Blvd
Georgetown, DE 19947
Moved to Friday, February 08, 2019
100 Enterprise Place
Dover, DE 19904
Friday, January 25th, 2019
ABOUT REGISTRATION FEE:
This Workshop registration fee will go towards funding for our Intensive Youth Prevention Program. The program serves high-risk students.